Spongey Lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

hope your all enjoying the garden now its getting warmer!! Right when im walking on my lawn its very spongey has anyone any ideas to make it return to normal?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This could be due to moss growing in the lawn. Check to see what's growing amongst the grass. If it is you can get plenty of lawn feeds with mosskiller or just straight mosskiller. Apply it and rake up the dead moss after about 10 days. The moss goes black after about three days which makes it pretty unsightly but it's worth it in the end.

I would be inclined to agree with IanDB, it sounds as if you have quite a bit or moss. If it is really bad you may want to hire a motorised scarifier after the moss killer has done its job. The moss will slowly reappear overtime unless you keep on top of it with regular raking.

Your lawn may look incredibly bare once you have removed most of the moss, so you may want to put some seed down quickly before the weeds get chance to flourish.

Is it green and spongey? If so I can't think of a better way to have grass!!!!
Sounds FAB, keep it!

Sponsored Links
lewyboy said:
Is it green and spongey? If so I can't think of a better way to have grass!!!!
Sounds FAB, keep it!
I hate to admit it, but the boy's right! At least it's green!

You ought to see my school "lawns", 1/2 an acre of green, shame it's 60% moss :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back