Sprayer for oil based paints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wagner 250m airless sprayer which has saved me so much time misting the house and doing the ceilings. I now have 15 doors to paint and am not looking forward to it with a roller and brush.

Is there a sub £200 sprayer that can be used with oil based paints. I assume my current unit can't do oil based and I don't want to ruin it

Sponsored Links
You can use that with oil based paints.

Looking at the spec it says that you can use both thin and thick paints by reversing the nozzles

311 and 517 HEA reversible nozzles for high and low-viscosity liquids and filter kit

I don't have an airless sprayer, I only have a turbine based HVLP, which means that I only need to clean my gun, you will need to clean the 9m hose.

I suggest that you contact Wagner and ask them what to clean the pipe with. It may also be advisable to purchase a shorter hose so that you waste less of the recommended cleaning product.

Although I have no experience of using airless sprayers with oil based paints, I do add Owatrol oil and white spirit when using a HVLP sprayer but that is because I need to atomise the paint (given the lower pressure involved), you may not need to.

BTW, if you add some terebene it will significantly cut the curing time. It is an oxidising agent for oil based paints.

(that was the first link I came across, shop around).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back