Spring return valve stays in CH on position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My home heating system has developed a fault in the past two weeks which I can't fathom out. It's been fine for years up to now.
When CH is called the mid position valve moves to the CH position. When DHW is requested the valve stays in the CH on position. When CH demand is satisfied (room stat trips out) the valve stays in CH position and the boiler keeps running. If I then turn DHW off at the programmer the boiler shuts down and the valve moves to the DHW position. If I then turn on DHW again the boiler restarts and the valve stays in the DHW position.
I have checked all wiring connections ok. Checked room stat and cylinder stat for correct switching ok. Both programmer and room stat are less than 3 years old. Spring return valve is a 20 year old Barlo 3PV-2 (looks like a Drayton MA1).
Is this a knackered switch in the valve head? Looking for advice before I spend money on a new valve and system drain down to fit it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back