spur sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run 2 double sockets as a spur from 1 double socket
Do I run 2 lengths of cable from ringmain socket to each spur or wire one spur to the other or any other way?
Due to solid floors a spur is going to be the easiest way

[Edited by iaincaz on 25-07-2002 at 9:37 AM GMT]

[Edited by iaincaz on 25-07-2002 at 9:38 AM GMT]

[Edited by iaincaz on 25-07-2002 at 9:43 AM GMT]

Sponsored Links
Sorry, Wiring regs. only permit one item to be run as a spur (one double socket is OK). To do this you only need to run one cable. Although 1.5mm 'twin and earth' will comply with regs. I would recommend you use 2.5mm.

If you want to run two double sockets either run two spurs, from different point of the existing ring, or extend the ring.

Chippie

You can of course place a Fused Spur outlet as the spur (13a) then from this can be spured as a radial circuit as many socket as you wish. (length of run being only restriction).

Sponsored Links
You can extend a ring provided you don't exceed 20 outlets ie 10 doubles.

to extend a ring from only one point, you will need to break the ring. remove one of the original cables from the double socket and joint to a new cable. use a 30A junction box, or calibrated crimps if you have them (much smaller). run new cable as ring to new sockets, and return with new cable which joins to original ring in back of socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back