Fitting shower wall outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm fitting a new concealed shower mixer which needs a 90 degree wall outlet for the connection to my riser rail & head.

However, the wall outlet I have got (Screwfix one) has only a 3/4" threaded tail to go through the wall. By the time I have got 12.5mm plasterboard on there, plus 7mm tile and maybe a 2mm grout bed, that tail will not go far enough through the wall to take a compression fitting, or provide any way of supporting / fixing the outlet in place. Please excuse poor diagram (top view) :-

need to connect pipework at this side

=====.........===== base board
=====.####.======
xxxxxx.####.xxxxxx grout bed
+++++.####.++++++ tile
################
################ outlet
################
I can only make the connection from behind by cutting into the board, and I can't see any way of fixing the outlet into place apart from by retaining the pipework, which doesn't seem ideal.

Could someone please advise - is this how these things must be fitted, or is there a more clever way that I haven't thought of?

All comments gratefully received - thanks in advance.

[Edited by cjgarlick on 12-12-2002 at 9:44 AM GMT]

[Edited by cjgarlick on 12-12-2002 at 9:47 AM GMT]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back