Spurring off an immersion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the thing. I have an airing cupboard which houses a boiler, a solar panel electric panel (on a plug), an immersion heater (which is currently on a plug) and a loft light (also on a plug). All these have been spurred off the old immersion heater cable (16amp). The immersion heater on the plug is a new installation.

I want to have a fused spur for the solar, the immersion, the boiler and the light so my question is:

Can I use the 16amp cable to spur off them all - or should it only be the immersion and the boiler say or the immersion and the solar. The others I could spur off the ring and then fuse down but I don't know how much juice the boiler and the solar take - my instinct would be not much because they're not heat sources.

Incidentally I am getting this all checked and certified (part P wise) next week with my sparks but I'm doing the leg work. I could ask him but he's on holiday this week.

Thanks

Ed

Sponsored Links
Ask sparky to do it properly when he is working there anyway, it sounds like asking for trouble. It really is not that difficult to add a few sockets properly. Leave the immersion heater on a dedicated line if you can.

Fair dos. I suppose i'm just one of those people who like to know how things work, even if I don't do it myself - plus I've just been stitched up like a kipper by a plumber who really has taken the mick and I KNOW I could have done what he's done so I'm feeling a little paranoid. I'll leave it to the sparks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back