wiring a whirlpool - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me - please?
:(
We have just bought a new bath with whirlpool and have been told to wire in to a seperate RCD. Is it possible to pick up the electric supply in the airing cupboard which is seperate to the bathroom, we have a fused switch to the immersion heater - back to consumer unit - is it possible to run a spur from the immersion heater? The immersion heater is very rarely used only in an emergency if the boiler fails.

Also do we need to fit an RCD plug or normal 13amp plug to the whirlpool and is the consumer unit sufficient? What size trip switch would I then need in the consumer unit? It is 16amp at the moment.?

Sponsored Links
I think that, if this bath is mains-powered, then it certainly should be connected to the main supply via a Residual Current Device.

Your Consumer Unit may be arranged so that it already provides an RCD-protected supply. If it is, I think the best course of action would be to make a dedicated circuit for the bath.

What wattage is indicated for the bath?

The way i normally wire them is to get a weather proof box put a 1way consumer unit in it fit a 30ma rcd and position somewere handy i normally put on wall under bath and spur it off ur ring main with a 5amp fused spur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back