whirlpool bath

4 Oct 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have fitted a whirlpool bath and now I need to get an electrical supply to it. My question is can I use the supply that feeds my immersion heater, i.e. take a spur of it connect a 30 ma RCD and connect the pump? The heater is located in a different room. :?: Other than running cable from my consumer unit which is in my garage and a long way from the bathroom i cant see how else I can do it.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
i would take a supply from the ring main via a RCD SFCU. leave immersion alone, since its often switched from another room. i.e kitchen or sitting room
Thank you for your reply .I didn’t think I would be aloud to take it from the ring main circuit.???
As long as you put it through an RCD protected Switched Fused Connection Unit then yes you can do.
Sponsored Links
thanks the 13 amp socket just outside the bathroom has two sets of wires going to it .Is this suitable to tap into as suggested?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local