Spy Camera Watch files?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently purchased a spy camera watch from Ebay. I managed to take some recordings following the instructions which were pretty badly written. Anyway the first time I attached the watch to my PC to view the recordings my Anti-Virus threw up a threat detection.

The threat was _REC.exe which apparently is a Trojan.....The threat was deleted to vault before it was opened so no harm done....BUT this was the only file showing in the directory. Now I have no way to view recordings. When connected to the PC the watch/camera shows as a USB storage device, it shows as having 4gb of 16g used so I know it has recorded ok.....I just cannot access the files as none show up. Can anyone help or advise me please?

Das.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the whole thing is dodgy, a way to get a virus on your computer I suggest an anti virus treatment in a bucket of water and put it in the bin ;)

I think it's possible open the files in a virtual machine. I know my kids always check out any USB type connections before they run them.
Google the problem and you'll probably find a better solution than the bucket

Sponsored Links
Some of the CHEAP CHINESE stuff uses a rare video type, software is usually included but so old it's not recognised by anti-virus software and throws it up as being a virus.
VLC will often run video files , or are they pics?
Also it may not be naming the files in a way that can be recognised, you could try renaming one to see if it will open.

Back