Squishy Frog - cocktail recipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A longshot, but here goes:

Is anyone familiar with a cocktail called a "Squishy Frog"? It is green, and if I recall correctly includes amaretto, a green liquer (not sure what, although I suspect melon-flavoured) and possibly grenadine too (not sure about that bit).

I was thinking of making one as a surprise for a special lady as I know she likes them, but I can't find the recipe anywhere! :LOL:

It might help jog a memory or two if I mention they are served at a pub in St Neots (the Cambridgeshire St Neots)

Sponsored Links
- 1.5 oz. MidoriR melon liqueur
- 1.5 oz. Amaretto Di SaronnoR
- 1 oz. vodka
Do not take my word for this, sounds near enough tho' ... perhaps an experiment?
:D
Squashed Frog
- 1 part advocaat
- 1 part MidoriR melon liqueur
- 1 part grenadine

Now perhaps we are 'talking' ....
Squashed Frog -2
- 3 parts advocaat
- 1 part Creme de Menthe (green)
- 1 part grenadine
Fill the shot glass 3/4 full with Advocaat then add the Creme de Menthe and then the Grenadine, so that the shot glass in full.

BTW Do not buy all that stuff unless you are sure to score... :eek:

go to local pond, armed with a fishing net, creep up, be very quiet [because they got good eyes :LOL: ] place net into the water sit and waite once target is spotted, hop into action .when at home,get a glass put some ice cubes in it, then hammer + frog , slide into glass add some green food die, jobs a guden if that does't work buy a coctail shaker and make your own good luck ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys!

Pip, turned out to be the second one: advocaat, melon liquer and grenadine, all layered red, green, yellow from top to bottom. Apparently one throws it down in one gulp, a "shooter" I believe it is called.

BTW Do not buy all that stuff unless you are sure to score...

Well, even if I'm not at least I've got a decent drink ;) :LOL:

Markie, I'm afraid the lady in question is a vegetarian so I doubt she would be particularly chuffed with that one... although one of my parents' cats is very partial to a frog when she can get one, so perhaps I'll make her one :LOL:

markie said:
go to local pond, armed with a fishing net, creep up, be very quiet [because they got good eyes :LOL: ] place net into the water sit and waite once target is spotted, hop into action .when at home,get a glass put some ice cubes in it, then hammer + frog , slide into glass add some green food die, jobs a guden if that does't work buy a coctail shaker and make your own good luck ;)
How cruel! what has a poor defenceless frog ever done to you? bada da da da da da ding ding ding ding :LOL:

Want green slime? ... sawn off, plus addition of candle wax to hold the cartridge balls together ... 10 paces from frog badoooom!
:D :D

AdamW said:
.............Well, even if I'm not at least I've got a decent drink ;) :LOL: .......... so perhaps I'll make her one :LOL:

Not if she quaffs the lot then does a 'runner'.

Try desperately to change the 'make' to 'give' .... It's Chistmoz !!
:D :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well, 3 bottles of 70cl each, averaging about 14% alcohol... I doubt there is any chance of her quaffing the lot! :LOL:

AdamW said:
A longshot, but here goes:

Is anyone familiar with a cocktail called a "Squishy Frog"? It is green, and if I recall correctly includes amaretto, a green liquer (not sure what, although I suspect melon-flavoured) and possibly grenadine too (not sure about that bit).

I was thinking of making one as a surprise for a special lady as I know she likes them, but I can't find the recipe anywhere! :LOL:

It might help jog a memory or two if I mention they are served at a pub yesin St Neots (the Cambridgeshire St Neots)

Sponsored Links
Back