Stained glass panel in stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping to insert a reclaimed stain glass panel into a internal dividing wall. I have cut a small hole into the wall and can see it is platerboard fixed to 4" batons (joists?) approx 16" apart (vertically) - I think this is standard construction but I've never looked inside a wall before.....
The stained glass panel is approx 45" across x 35" tall and mounted in an extremely rigid frame made from 4"x2" (With architrave to bring it flush with the depth of the wall).
The wall is not a supporting wall but I am still nervous about cutting through these joists to insert my purpose built frame. Can you give any advice on the best way to do this?
Thanks in advance - looks like this website is going to be invaluable over the next year or so - lots to do...!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back