Staining Exposed wood beam that has different shades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

Looking for a few ideas on an exposed beam in my bathroom.
Weve recently vaulted our bathroom ceiling and exposed a wooden beam. Part of the beam that was in the loft area is darker and aged, however the part of the beam that was under the ceiling in the corner of the house was painted (lord knows how long for) after removing all of the paint the part of the beam underneath is much lighter in colour than the rest.

We want to get a nice matched colour all throughout the beam. Whats our best bet to do this? Has anyone had anything similar?
Ive attached some pictures for reference.
Cheers in advance.

Dean

Attachments

• IMG_9546.jpg
    IMG_9546.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9545.jpg
    IMG_9545.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6222.jpg
    IMG_6222.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
I would be more concerned about removal of timbers within the loft if that what has been done

Well fortunately, i'm not worried about that. Weve had the ceiling vaulted into the attic area,
They are what the old lath was attached to, We removed and added supports all around the room in the loft area when we vaulted the ceiling. The wood only ran into the neighbouring bedroom, which has been fully supported and renewed when we took its celing out.
Didnt just go at the place with a hammer and a saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back