Stainless Steel Finished Appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely to look at, aren't they?
until the kids put their hands on them!
my new siemens fridge came with a sample bottle of what they call 'Chromol'. You're supposed to rub the surfaces down with the stuff every now & again. Came up a treat! I thought it was some kind of super technical chemical solution, until i got a bit on my hands! A quick sniff confirmed my suspicions.. it was baby oil! plain & simple!

Sponsored Links
I clean my stainless steel appliances with a stainless steel cleaner, then afterwards rub olive oil on with kitchen towel: that comes up nicely too. Hobs get too messy to just polish off (when I cook anyway :LOL: ), hence the cleaner first.

I have heard that aluminium appliances don't suffer from fingerprints.

10-20 years ago almost every kitchen had laminate worktops and white enamelled appliances. All you needed to do to clean them was wipe them with a damp cloth and possible some kitchen cleaner spray. Now we are fitting hardwood worktops that need to be oiled, and stainless steel appliances that need proprietary cleaners and oil. That's progress! :LOL:

yes, weird that isn't it?

we used to cook with loads of oils & fats, but as our awareness of healthier alternatives is slowly taking over the grease aspect has moved from our food to our food surfaces & appliances... I once saw an episode from the Simpsons where Homer & Bart went into the 'Grease' collection business.... it did remind me of the school canteen!

Anyway.. Thanks for replying. Ro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back