Stair Nosing

Yes right angle. they were but small bullnoses.
is your laminate quickstep as they do a good system for a bullnose

Attachments

• 7B4B64AF-9C4A-4B0A-9FC3-8554DE1BE8DD.jpeg
    7B4B64AF-9C4A-4B0A-9FC3-8554DE1BE8DD.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
Yes right angle. they were but small bullnoses.
is your laminate quickstep as they do a good system for a bullnose

It is quick step yes

I couldn’t see anything on their site for what I was looking for? Do you have a link?

I’m only planning to laminate on the landing above the top step, then have a carpet runner on the stairs

Thanks very much

But not sure how that would work on my steps as they’re bullnose and I’m only laminating up to the edge of the top one

Sponsored Links
On my house, there are floorboards on the landing.
There is a piece of bullnose level with the boards and along the edge.
i wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a standard stair cut down on site. (House was built in the mid 50’s)

on mine, that bullnose can actually be lifted off. So if I wanted to, I could stain it, and make it level with some kind of landing flooring.

Don’t forget that you will need access to the riser to install carpet that tucks behind the bullnose.

The top "step" of a closed riser staircase is normally only a narrow strip with something lime a bullnose on the outside edge and a groove on the underside to hold the top of the riser. The riser and the top step are housed into the stringers, but unlike the other steps, which have triangular shaped glue blocks at the top of the riser where the riser and tread meet, the top riser has no glue blocks. This is logical, because the top riser needs to sit flat against the joist or trimmers. The fact that you can lift the top tread/nosing just indicates that someone has over overtrimmed the stringers at some time - but it isn't the norm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back