Stair Treads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an upstairs flat with my own entrance and there are a set of concrete stairs leading from the front door.

I have in the past painted them but they're quite susceptible to damage.

I am claiming from Hotpoint at the moment as they done a fair bit of damage to the concrete of the stairs and the paint when collecting a washing machine. They've asked for 2 quotes to repair the damage.

I have 2 questions - hope someone can help!

1. What kind of price would I be looking at to have my stairs (there are 14 of them) covered in a nice wooden stair tread. Also what would be involved in fitting them (could I do it myself) and where would I get the materials?

2. How does it work when a company or insurance firm are paying for damage? Do they pay the workman direct or do they reimburse me for work carried out? In this respect, is it possible to get the workman to overquote in order to include a few extra jobs in their quote (contraversial!)!!!

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Claire

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back