Staircase spindle advice?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at changing the wrought iron spindles I currently have for a simpler wooden spindle.

As I'm a bit of a novice at joinery, I'm thinking of getting an expert in to do this, can someone shed some light on how much I would be looking to pay for this?

The staircase is in 2 parts:
1st section is 230cm x 70cm
2nd section is 146cm x 80cm.

Also is it possible to replace the handrail without removing/replacing the newel posts? If so, how much would I be looking at for that?

I have attached a couple of photos so you can see what I'm working with!

Let me know if you need more info!

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Yes you can replace the handrail & spindles without disturbing the newel posts & you can also replace those as well (pin newel) without ripping the staircase apart. I rebuilt mine around 6 years ago. Google will throw up many similar suppliers but you can get everything you need from this company; http://www.ukstairparts.co.uk/ I found them extremely helpful.

If you can use basic hand tools, it’s not as difficult to DIY as you might think as everything comes pre-formed (took me a day) but there are Building Regs. covering maximum spindle pitch.

Your staircase is similar to mine except & had ranch bars between the newal posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back