Staircase to loft head clearance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stair case from First Floor to Loft Dormer. I have seen a lot of guides about regulation but struggling to see something that answers this question for:
What should be the lowest head height clearance at any point along the stair case leading into a Loft Dormer. We have no issues at the top. For us the 3rd step is the contention point. I'm at 1.8, my boy 15yo and already 1.8m. It looked OK without carpet, now with carpet it's a problem. Coming down the stairs this morning, missus called me at the same time, I lent forward as approaching the end and whack!

Did tell the builder, we are tall and will need decent head heights, but everything was a case of "it'll be alright!"

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 9.42.08 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 9.42.08 AM.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 59
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 9.42.07 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-20 at 9.42.07 AM.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
I its under building control they won't pass 2m min if serving more than one bedroom

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back