stairs !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

Wondered if i could ask a question that is probably daft :oops:

I am about to paint my stairs walls and have always thought or been told only finish on a corner as you get a line. Now as i have a ladder and sacffold board up i was looking for the easiest way of doing this.
One wall at a time having to move the ladders and board each time, or will it be ok to do all 3 walls then move the ladders and board and finish the bottom half.
I'm not a proffesional so doubt i'll be quick enough for it not to have at least partly dried.
Hope its not to daft a question.

Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
Not a daft question. Your just trying to be lazy like me :LOL:
If walls are smooth then yes its best to finish one wall at a time as some emulsions you need to keep a green edge. Though on first coat this wont matter so much. I tend to cut all in first then fill in with roller, just hodge ladder and board over enough to work round. If walls are textured/ anaglypta then you might get away with doing all off first stage then shifting down. Or! use a three section three way type ladder to cut in then fillin with roller on me pole... ;)

good luck.

Cheers

Yeh was looking for a easy way lol
Just finished it was not as bad as i thought two coats and finished buy 2ish

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back