Standalone washing machine waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve moved my washer and dryer onto the landing where my plumbers have fitted the water and waste pipe but I’m confused by what I’m seeing online for the waste. If I fit a p-bend and an upstand for the washing machine waste to the pipe coming out of the floor (which I assume I must add additional pipe) is the existing pipe just open at the top?

I’ve got all manner of 40mm pipes and fittings I’ve collected over the years. Which should I use here?

Attachments

• IMG_6080.jpeg
    IMG_6080.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6081.jpeg
    IMG_6081.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6082.jpeg
    IMG_6082.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 16
Sponsored Links
Nothing really suitable there, just get a new trap/standpipe with an added bend.

I still don’t understand. Where does the washing machine and dryer waste pipes go with that unit? And where does the bend go? And what happens to the waste pipe coming out of the floor?

Sponsored Links
Ah. Ok thanks. All the illustrations online showed an additional pipe from the floor going… somewhere upwards or just open at the top so I was very confused. This is helpful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back