Stange Smell - is it the pipes, drains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Over the past couple of weeks we've noticed this strange smell in one of our bedrooms (next to the bathroom). This sounds odd and whilst its not a nice smell its not repulsive... almost smells like the smell when you leave washing in the machine for too long and it goes a bit musty. Worth poining out that the plugholes in the bathroom are very slow with water taking a few mins to go down, The toilet seems ok but can often block. Also worth mentioning that we tend to dry clothes in the room on an airer. I tell you all of this as one or two may be culprit!

Its driving me mad so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's just started to discharge slowly maybe you have a blockage somewhere?

Or maybe a dead rat somewhere hehe.

Hi
Also worth mentioning that we tend to dry clothes in the room on an airer. I tell you all of this as one or two may be culprit!
You may well have a problem with the bath waste but I think I know the smell your on about & it’s probably drying washing in the room that’s causing it. Drying washing indoors is never a good idea & usually leaves your clothes smelling much the same. It won’t do the decoration much good either, the moisture has to go somewhere & usually condenses on the windows or other cold spots causing mildew & other nasty fungus to grow; not really healthy & not good if you have any sort of breathing imparement; or even if you don’t!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back