Started grouting but not happy with the colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so basically what has happened is that I have started to grout my kitchen tiles on Sunday with a grey grout and when it has dried it has dried a very light grey rather than the dark grey that we wanted.

We are now going to go and buy some new grout that is a darker grey and do the rest of the kitchen with this but my question is what do I do on the tiles that I have already grouted?

Can I just run a very thin layer of the new darker grout over my original grouting or do I need to get this original grout out before doing the new darker grouting? If I do a thin layer will this bond to the original grout or will it just come off?

And if I have to get the original grout out how do I do this and how long would you think it would take to get out 3m2 of grouting (tiles were 45cm square with 5mm gaps).

Thank you very much!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back