Starting 52cc brush cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have nightmare trying to start said machine consistently. This time started and used fine. After refuelling I accidentally knocked choke on and engine now flooded. Tried and tried to start but couldn’t so gave up. My question is what starting procedure is required for it now? Still prime? Choke or no choke? I’ve learnt that 52cc prefer throttle open when starting so I’ve been doing that. Which did seem to be successful. Until this particular nightmare. It’s a forest master 5 in 1 which is great… when I can start it! I’m only slight and have nerve damage in my hand so after 20 pulls I’m about done in! Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
If you flood it - open throttle wide, choke off and crank it over a few times. Idea is to blow the surplus fuel out of the cylinder, because it is far to rich and probably shorting the spark plug. If that doesn't work, remove the spark plug and repeat, plus cleaning and drying plug before refitting. Then try a normal start.

Before you take the plug out and spin the engine over check that the ignition system is not electronic! Does the brush cutter have an On/Off switch or it tied into the throttle?

If you do take the spark plug out make sure the metal part of the plug body is held firmly against a metal part of the cylinder before spinning it over. If you don't you could easily damage the ignition system.

So many small machines have unprotected (from 'Back' EMF) electronic ignition systems - used to be my Saturday morning pocket money job changing the electronic ignition on small machines.

Bless u both for replies. I bet it’s so simple when u know what your doing ?!!! I will try what u have said and see how I get on BTW I havehandle bars on this machine with on/off switch and lock pin/button. Thanks again x

Sponsored Links
So many small machines have unprotected (from 'Back' EMF) electronic ignition systems - used to be my Saturday morning pocket money job changing the electronic ignition on small machines.
you learn something every day - cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back