Static caravan no internet supply

Returning to phone reception I have had some odd problems, I went to a summit, with whole idea of working out range of a radio, and wanted to call a friend to get him to turn on his radio, but mobile phone would not work, but with my radio I was talking to people 40 miles away, I will guess the phone was opening too many cell sites? But it seems too good of a reception can also be a problem, and in a place called Tywyn on the beach I lost signal when some one started using their phone, walking past them and redialling I got through and it seemed they lost signal. I don't know exactly why, but from that it could mean some one else using the phone can stop the signal. It does not work simply like radio reception.

Our home local EE cell reception began to deteriorate about a month ago. Last week it had become so bad, crackles and disconnections, I rang them to ask if they were aware of a problem. Whilst on the line to them and telling them my postcode, they were able to test it, confirm it had a problem and flag it up for urgent attention. It was fixed and back to normal just eight hours later.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your answers ,..is it possible to boost the 4g signal from my phone its Vodafone

Ask round on site which company has the best 4G signal. Invite someone to the van with their phone to check signal is good.

Then have a look at getting a 4G router. Use that to create a Wi-Fi hotpot to run from.

Sorry I'm not up on routers ,can you get one for a caravan that doesnt connect to a landline

If this and other replies were helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button on all those the posts. This isn't a big thing to ask of you. It takes a couple of seconds to do, and it costs you nothing.

You'll find that the Thanks button appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons.

This is the proper way to show your thanks and respect for the time, experience and help someone gave to you when you were in need. Be a good forum user and say thank you in the proper way. It will help to ensure that you continue to receive advice.

This might be useful or be no use at all but I have BT supply my internet and I use their App on my phone. When I'm out and about I often connect to a BT wifi hotspot and I get very good speeds. Do you get any "hits" if you search for wifi? if you do you might be able to make use of BT wifi hotspots. Family or friends might already be using BT wifi so that being the case, their username could get you access..

Sponsored Links
I can't quite get my head around static caravan, seems a contradiction of terms, "The word caravan comes from the Persian karwan meaning "group of desert travellers." A caravan can be a large group of people travelling together in one long line. It's also the term used for a camper that has a living area in it. ... It's also a verb: caravan with your neighbours on a group road trip.

So I assume because the gipsy people travelled in a caravan we call the unit they live in a caravan, and every time one parks up of course it is static, so wonder how often a static caravan moves? A mobile home is only mobile when it moves from the manufacturers to site, and is basic a prefab small enough not to need splitting into sections to move. I seem to remember some legal thing about if the unit has wheels rates are different, but big question is how often is the unit moved?

In the early days of internet there was a satellite system, seem to remember phone line was uplink and satellite down link, there is also the beaming of signals from high buildings, I know my brother-in-law in his old house paid a guy who lived high up to set up a microwave link into his little village, but it depends on how static it is, we had a problem with TV licence with second home, seems licence now fixed to an address, so one licence would not cover for two homes, but would cover a caravan and home as long as not watching TV in both locations. But this it seems does not cover a bricks and mortar second location.

But getting internet for 2 weeks while on holiday is very different to getting it for 52 weeks of the year, and it also depends on what it is used for, my central heating is connected to internet, my radio is from internet, and some TV comes from internet, and as the user I am often not aware if the Sky box is using a satellite or internet connection. I would not want to use mobile phone data allowance with no control how much is used.

A mobile phone repeater costs around £150 but my 4GEE WIFI MINI with gaffa tape holding it to roof light has worked well, often no need for extra hight and just testing on each window until find one that works, :bottomSlider:p1:OHAT:alternative:8892849:9hkPmJjyOOTEDQpSUspq]the vodafone hotspot is £50 it looks very similar to my EE device, but if using 52 weeks of the year I would find out what mobile phone covers that area and swap if required to some other provider, but this returns to question what is a static caravan? How often is it used?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back