cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

couple of questions that may be answered here regarding sky installation

I am planning ahead and are refurbishing house, I want TV in Living room, kitchen, main bedroom. I plan to run WF shotgun cable from each position to external wall were ultimately dish will sit, Heres the questions

1. Am i right in saying that if I have a sky plus box at each location each box would work independantly?
2. Every channel on my sky package would work at each t.v point and i could watch a combination of any channel on any set?
3. Is this the best way of doing it?

on another note, I currently have sky inmy static caravan which i live in whilst renovations are done, I am only on freeview, the bbc channels work fine but the itv channels work for a bit then pixelate, then the "no signal switch of set for 5 mins" appears, what could be wrong here!!

Many Thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links
Hi all

1. Am i right in saying that if I have a sky plus box at each location each box would work independantly?
Yes, but you'll need a subscription that allows multiscreen (multiroom)
2. Every channel on my sky package would work at each t.v point and i could watch a combination of any channel on any set?
Again yes, but only if you have multiscreen active on your subscriptions. Costs about £11.25 extra per box
3. Is this the best way of doing it?
Yes, unless you know you'll never have 2 boxes in use at the same time. In which case you could use the RF2 feed (presuming you have an older box) from one box to a TV in another room. This would save on a multiscreen sub AND you wouldn't need another box, just plugs straight into the tv. Use a magic eye IR dongle so you can operate the remote control from that room too.

To add to kjacko's answers...

You'll need to spec an Octo LNB (8 outputs rather then the standard 4) if you plan to have recorder boxes.

As for your problem with the ITV channels, this could be simply the alignment or a damaged cable or faulty LNB or a box fault. You could try swapping round the LNB feeds as a start to troubleshooting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back