Moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all
I am sure i will get the right advise here!!

am about to (this weekend) move from my (on the market) house to a static caravan (that is temporary accomodation for a renovation)

I want sky TV in the caravan, I am a subscriber at my house and have sky +, my mate as a spare sat dish, is there any reason with the right amount of coax, a bit of fiddling about that i cannot get the sky + and subscribed channels up and running in caravan.

In antisipation of some queries
1. There is a stable block adjacent caravan, so plan to fix dish onto wall of this with clear view of satellite.
2. Will use sky grade coax

hope to get a few replies today, as planning early start tommorow.

Cheers Russell

Sponsored Links
doesn't the sky + box need a phone / broadband connection? will you be able to provide one?

Sponsored Links
Not sure
Dont have phone line connected at present
When engineer set it up we couldnt geta tone on the line, so we just ran an extension to set up and unplugged it after!!
He said it was only a sky marketing tool, and unless i wnted to subscribe to movies etc i didnt need it.

Assume that it will be ok in caravan.

The phoneline is used for buying pay per view content but this does not require a constant phone connection as the box allows a limited ammount of pay per view content to be viewed without a connection and charged next time you connect up.

If you have multiroom then sky also uses the phone connection to check all boxes are on the same phone line and therefore discourage abuse of multiroom.

Other than that and some interactive services sky boxes do not need a phone line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back