TV + Sky - connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Our setup at the moment is we've got a Sky dish - the cable runs into the Sky box. From this a scart runs to our adjacent Sony Bravia TV and we access the channels via the AV. Also from the Sky box a cable runs from the RF2 outlet around the house to the kitchen to a small 17" TV. The outlet in the kitchen has a signal booster. We also access the Sky channels via the AV on this TV too.

Now I've just bought an LG TV to go next to the kitchen in our other living room. I thought I could just run a co-ax via a Y-splitter from the kitchen outlet to the living room (around 10m away) - plug it in and hey presto Sky channels on here too via AV. However it doesn't seem to work - I don't seem to be getting an AV connection for Sky and just keep getting broken up freeview channels. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the connections. It's probably a schoolboy error but I'm hoping someone can help!

Regards

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the garbled original message - it confused me! However, with the excellent satcure links you listed I think the wiring is okay it's the tuning on the TV itself that is the problem.

The TV is an LG 32LD350 and I'm assuming to get the Sky channels on this TV (as per the piping TV around the house) I need to tune the Sky channel into this TV - which is where I'm having problems. On setup it has automatic tuning and manual tuning. Auto tuning seems to be freeview channels (shown as DTV?) so the manual tuning comes up with a menu:

TV or DTV - I guess it should be TV as DTV seems to be freeview?Storage: 0 to 99 ?
System: BG, L, DK or I. Assume it should I?
Band: V/UHF, Cable ?
Channel: 1 to 69
Fine tune:
Search:
Name:

Then there is a chance to store.

I've tried various combinations on the manual tuning above but still cannot seem to access the Sky channel.

Any ideas?

Regards

Matthew

Sponsored Links
System: PAL "I" is the correct setting for audio in the UK.
Band: is UHF.
Channel: try 68 to begin with. See below.

The Digibox RF output is indeed analogue and not digital (DTV).
The Digibox default RF output channel is 68 but you can access the secret Installer Setup Menu to change it to any number from 21 to 69, in order to avoid setting it on top of (or close to) a broadcast channel.

"Storage 0 - 99" is simply the TV channel number that you want to use for the Digibox RF output. It's arbitrary. I don't think the choice matters so use 1. Once it's set, you select "TV" (analogue) on your TV and press "1", I would guess. To swap to Freeview you select "DTV" (digital). Without reading your TV manual I can't be more explicit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back