Panasonic viera l37g10b and Sky

T

teddyb

Hi

Have just bought this new tv and live in an area where sky has always been essential for decent viewing. So already have sky even though the new tv has freesat. I don't really want to get rid of sky.

Has anyone any experience of using sky with this tv? The sky box is connected at the moment via a scart lead and I have to use the AV option (as opposed to TV) to get anything on screen. It means that switching on is always a 2 step action, and also the default program has changed, all on its own, to BBC London, when I live in the South West!

Is this 'normal'?

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts or ideas.

Sponsored Links
The TV having Freesat has no effect on your Sky box. It's simply a tuner on the TV that accepts a satellite signal rather then analogue or digital TV via an aerial cable.

The change in location on your Sky box might be a coincidence or could have been triggered because of a firmware update on the box if it was unplugged as you installed the new telly.

Panasonic TVs have options to select the AV input instead of the TV aerial input on switch on. Check your manual.

Panasonic TVs have the option to disable any inactive AV inputs. Check your manual.

:)

Thanks.

The manual is quite heavy going, but I think I'm now sorted.

Thanks, again, Chris. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back