Static caravan underfloor insulating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people im wondering if any views or ideas how to insulate underneath a 40ft static caravan, am planning on doing this from under the caravan, is there a proper material etc, please advice needed.

Sponsored Links
Hi people im wondering if any views or ideas how to insulate underneath a 40ft static caravan, am planning on doing this from under the caravan, is there a proper material etc, please advice needed.

The easiest way to insulate the underfloor of your static van is to use a reflective barrier foil insulation material. Not all foiled insulators are suitable, they need to be waterproof. Because the material is flexible it is relatively easy to fit around pipe protrusions coming out of the floor, the foiled insulating material, if fitted correctly also helps to prevent "air leakage" from these gaps, air leakage is a major factor in heat loss.

The fact that the barrier foil is waterproof will also mean that moisture ingress through the floor is virtually eliminated which will reduce the moisture content of the air in your van thus helping to reduce condensation problems.

Some van owners have insulated with rolls of mineral wool, however mineral wool also needs a waterproof membrane fitted to prevent it getting wet, it can provide nesting material for rodents and other pests.

Insulation boards (closed cell phenolic foam) are extremely good insulators, again they will need a waterproof membrane to prevent water ingress, and are very time consuming to fit, professional installation is expensive in relation to fitting the correct foil insulation.

Whatever material you choose to install DO NOT COVER THE FLOOR VENTS, these are critical in providing ventilation for you gas and heating system.

Underfloor insulation is one of the most cost effective energy saving measures that can be retro fitted to a static caravan.

I supply the foiled insulation material in kit form pre cut for DIY installation, please contact me if you require further information.

Sponsored Links
Hi DWL2000, Sorry I've been unable to find any other way of contacting you. I'm interested in purchasing the foiled insulation material for DIY installation but would also like to ask a few more questions.

Hi DWL2000, Sorry I've been unable to find any other way of contacting you. I'm interested in purchasing the foiled insulation material for DIY installation but would also like to ask a few more questions.

I cannot leave contact details on this forum, but please feel free to ask questions. There are sellers of the insulation material on ebay, under caravan and motorhome parts i think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back