steaming boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently had a vortex wall hung oil condensing boiler fitted to replace a gas boiler this also heats through an open fire with a back boiler but when i turn on the boiler steam appears in the roof space within minutes with some severe clanging and banging
any ideas ??????

Sponsored Links
Presumably that was an LPG boiler it replaced?

From a single sentence to describe your more complex system, I cannot come to any conclusion as to whats wrong.

However the usually answer would be to call back the installer who is presumably responsible for the design of your heating system.

Tony

Sounds bloody dangerous to me., can we assume you're not using it at the moment untill it's sorted.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a lack of water in the system. As DIA says, it also sounds dangerous. Don't light the fire!!

correct this was an lpg boiler and everything seems to work ok on the old back boiler system and there seems to be plenty of water in the system there is one motorised valve which is not very accesable and the pump seems to be working ok

yes the system is open vented the odd thing is the thermostat on the boiler only turns about 5mm either way and never seems to cut out the boiler inless its turned right down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back