Steel box profile, membrane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Im going to re clad my inlaws garden room with steel box profile roofing. At the moment it's aspestos cement sheets. Which are failing & sagging. I intend to reframe the roof before I put any more load on it. The roof is about 5.5mtrs x 8mtrs.

There is a interior ceiling then about a 4' roof space. Do I need to put a membrane down before I sheet up?

Thanks.
Regards, Chris.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the idea

I would if I was buying it new, but it's left over from a job so I'm getting it cheap.

But I take it from your answer I do need some type of barrier, there are so many types out there I'm finding it confuseing. Can anyone point me towards what I need, something good enougth but doesn't have to be the Rolls Royce of membranes.

Thanks
Chris.

If you used a breathable under slaters felt i think you would have to counter batten it. This would keep it away from touching the underside of the sheeting.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to batten the joists before I fit the sheets, I suppose I just roll out the membrane first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back