Steel tube in Birmingham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daughter has some security posts to prevent unauthorised parking in her parking bays.

Supplied by Paramo Tool Co. who are now in liquidation.

One of the posts has been bent and needs replacing, anyone know where I can get a small quantity of steel tube in the Birmingham (N) or Solihull areas.

Probably around 35mm dia (will measure the existing post tonight) and not too heavy gauge. Only want 2-3 metres.

Any advice on what grade is best for corrosion resistance (apart from stainless).

Don't want tube too thick or solid bar since I would prefer to have to replace the tube occasionally than have to replace the root.

Sponsored Links
Just look in your local yellow pages. yell.co.uk or google for steel stockholders, there's plenty in the Birmingham area, who will probably sell it to you in 2m lengths. As for corrrosion resistance stainless is best but expensive. You could look at getting galvanised, or zinc passivated tube as an alternative but if you are only after a couple of m then maybe ferritic stainless (like they use in some car exhausts) may be worth considering?

IJ - find your local scrap metal yard (Yellow pages) ... I'll be suprised if you don't find just what you need - you might even get a bit of thick-wall galvanised.

Got the dimensions now, will make a few calls tomorrow,

1 1/2" by 2' 3" 16 gauge - nice metric dimensions ! ! ! !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back