stelrad ideal rapide sprint combi water pressure

ilm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just moved into a new house and it has the above boiler installed.
the pressure is below 1 and i cannot find the filling loop that my boilers had at my old house (had a separate water and central heating boiler).
does anyone know how i can sort this out?? the stop cock is open fully so cannot add more to pressure to it at the moment.

secondly, the water in my shower takes ages to heat up and only gets warm instead of the temperature i've selected on the dial, is this related to the low water pressure??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
installed a boiler once in a kitchen where the only logical place for filling loop and the draincock was in the manhole right under the boiler, under the bin, next to the stopcock, owner did not want it visible in his tiny kitchen. no problem until the polish kitchen fitter covered the manhole with laminate flooring. i was willing to fit another fillingloop, but could not turn the water off.
:evil:

hi, found them and got the pressure up at last!!

the shower is still spitting out cold/warm water. its an aqualisa shower.
just a round temperature dial and push button (on/off) insert attached to a pole from the ceiling where the water comes from. has the thermostat gone??? its an electric shower as we have to turn a switch on in the airing cupboard to get it working.

thanks

Aqualisa Quartz??
Is it pumped? It shouldn't be, with a combi.

Your boiler is supposed to heat a small store of hot water, ready for immediate use.
Sounds like it needs looking at. Long in the tooth now.

it isnt pumped as far as i know, just wondering if i need to change the centre dial if that is where the thermostst is.

thanks

Ilm,
I have a similar problem to your original one, in that I've just moved house, had a leaky valve and lost pressure. Oviously the system needs repressurising now but where is the filler pipe(I don't have a manual)? From your reply earlier you've found yours could you please help and point me in the right direction.
Many thanks
Ben.

hi, found them and got the pressure up at last!!

the shower is still spitting out cold/warm water. its an aqualisa shower.
just a round temperature dial and push button (on/off) insert attached to a pole from the ceiling where the water comes from. has the thermostat gone??? its an electric shower as we have to turn a switch on in the airing cupboard to get it working.

thanks

Filling loop found! nicely tucked away behind a fitted base unit!!
Thanks to all.
Ben.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back