Sterling 10 activation when system not armed

I have a landing PIR so that must be it.
All the PIRs light up and work fine, I was able to test them all this morning.
So basically the the hold off circuit is the power supply to the sounder? I guess it must be if it runs off the AUX circuit supplying the PIRs?
Anyway, I'll be shopping for a new sounder tomorrow, and probably a new panel after that. If I have any more problems I know where to come.
Thanks again for all your invaluable help, you have brilliant!

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the cable in the panel that has the bell trip/ strobe / tamper return and what else is connected on that cable ..it may help....plus check the cable in the loft it may have been chewed ( mice )

20190105_125713.jpg

Does this help?
Orange, turquoise, purple wires are sounder connections. They share a cable (10 core I think) which has red & black wires connected to zone 7 which is the landing PIR. That would back up what you thought about the hold off supply being shared as the green/white wires from the cable go into the AUX terminals - I know these supply the PIRs.
Sadly, accessing the cable in the loft is a major mission. Boarded and full of junk!

Would check cable first ...no point changing bell box if the mice have been hungry ! Lol

Sponsored Links
Haha, yes, but will be very difficult!
Presumably I could measure the voltage on the hold off wires at the sounder as a check? I guess it should be 12V?
Worst case I could always run a new cable, panel to sounder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back