Sterling 10 Tamper issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just purchased a building with this system installed and had no codes etc. I did a full NVM and set it up again its a simple system with just 2 PIR's as its an open plan cafe.

My problem is this. I arm the system and right away I get a "Tamper" alert and the internal and external sirens go off? Once i disarm again it does not show up in the log? Im baffled please help!

Sponsored Links
Then investigate the tampers.
Probably why there were no codes and it wasnt used.

First thing that springs to mind.

Hi I never ststed the system was not used I said there were no codes. The building was liquidated and previous owner did not supply codes.

Is there a simple way to test the tampers via the board or do I need to bell out the wires between each pir & bell box?

Hi, typically in this instance no codes point to lack of use to what looks to be a tamper fault. But what do I know!

Did you actually do a full reset and have the start up sequence?

Tampers are on RKP, sounder and global zones so keypad interrogation is not going to pinpoint especially as it is not in the logs.

Will not be hard to eliminate the tamper with the lid off. Just link out. Then bell the offending one found, or just pull the lot its up to you.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, Yes it was a FULL reset as all codes also defaulted back to Factory.

Im not sure what you mean by "pull the lot" can you explain? Are you saying I can remove the tamper circuit altogether? wouldnt this allow someone to just kill the outside bell box and get in without system making a sound on activating inside?

Just a thought could the tamper be due to old backup battery? I tested battery and its reading 13.4v but I know that this does not tell us anything regarding amps still produced so could this be the case? Also is the bell box (Belle) housing a battery or a mains feed as I have not opened it yet.

"Pull the lot" meant remove all and test, just not a good proceedure.
Not remove the tampers.

A battery change would be a good move.

As for the external sounder, who knows not removed a mains fed one for years, if unsure take adequate precautions. It obviously did not sound when you tampered with the control panel.

You maybe should think about a local comany as your showing a lack of knowledge about this.

There's no prizes for guessing I'm not to clued up. Lol I'm a lift engineer by trade so electronics are foreign to me but not knowing much about the circuitry on alarm systems slows me down to a crawl. I hate admitting defeat but fear you may be right on this occasion. I do however have a hefty supply of 12v 7.5ah batteries so I can at least swap that out. Not knowing your name I will thank you as ALARM for your help so far and fully appreciate your patience.

Also the outside box is a BELLE from pyronix it is functioning during rest mode but unsure if it feeds from the mains or a battery so fuse out of panel for bell will be my precaution. Lol

As I said a battery change might, just might do the trick.

Then again a new panel and detectors might be the way to go. And is the keypad ouit of sight of public, know a few places where you can see the codes entered when used.

Yeah the panel is in the backroom out of view. Will change battery and update you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back