GardTec 350 Tamper Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First time poster here so happy new year to all.

Foolishly I decided today of all days to change a PIR that's been playing up for a while.

I took the cover off the PIR and the control panel alerted me of a Tamper to which I reacted and entered the code to silence the internal siren. I continued to disconnect the wiring (which is where my problem started to kick in i think) and the external alarm started blaring! Although the internal siren was not blaring it was possible to quietly hear it. In an attempt and panic to turn it off i entered the master user code but that didn't work after which i pressed anything that might. Nothing worked and after about 30 mins the external siren ceased thankfully.

Unfortunatley I'm unable to get anything working. The Tamper light stays on and I think by disconnecting the wiring caused the system to 'alert' of a bigger problem than just removing the PIR cover which alerts of a Tamper.

I'm sure I need to do some sort of master reset because I can't get anything to work even though I have the engineer\master code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - kkp

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

First time poster here so happy new year to all.

Foolishly I decided today of all days to change a PIR that's been playing up for a while.

I took the cover off the PIR and the control panel alerted me of a Tamper to which I reacted and entered the code to silence the internal siren. I continued to disconnect the wiring (which is where my problem started to kick in i think) and the external alarm started blaring! Although the internal siren was not blaring it was possible to quietly hear it. In an attempt and panic to turn it off i entered the master user code but that didn't work after which i pressed anything that might. Nothing worked and after about 30 mins the external siren ceased thankfully.

Unfortunatley I'm unable to get anything working. The Tamper light stays on and I think by disconnecting the wiring caused the system to 'alert' of a bigger problem than just removing the PIR cover which alerts of a Tamper.

I'm sure I need to do some sort of master reset because I can't get anything to work even though I have the engineer\master code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - kkp

no master reset required ( where did that myth start ?) you`ve blown a fuse thats all, put everything back together then find a replacment of the same size and rating - I believe Maplins sell them

Hi, thanks very much for the response. Which fuse - in the control panel and how did it suddently blow?

Much appreciated.

Yeah it probably be a 20mm glass fuse on the main PCB in your control panel, and be labelled as 'aux 12V' or similar (I am not familiar with your particular make of panel)

The fuse suddenly blew because you shorted the 12V supply to the detector when you removed the old device.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks very much for the response. Which fuse - in the control panel and how did it suddently blow?

Much appreciated.

i'm going to quote this comment in my service letter of why not to touch, ppl don't belive me when i say 'i know you have been messing with it'.

Thanks to everyone's help - It was the fuse which has blown in the control Panel. Fortunately there was a spare one contained (I wonder why GardTec thought about carrying a spare in the box????!) in the control Panel which I changed. This was after putting the new PIR in.

All is working perfectly now. Thanks to those who helped me as you saved me £££££'s on calling out a Service Engineer who could've fleeced me in the xmas 'sales'! ;)

All is working perfectly now. Thanks to those who helped me as you saved me £££££'s on calling out a Service Engineer who could've fleeced me in the xmas 'sales'! ;)
Hardly a fair comment is it. Considering you played with something you knew little about then infer someone who does know may well have overcharged you.
You might want to note that at least two replies were from NSI Gold members, not DIY'ers. Hardly overcharging now is it.

And are we to assume you work for free??

HI new here so please be gentle.... i have the same problem as the original poster with the tamper led flashing all the time and not allowing me to set the alarm, i haven't tried changing anything or touched anything but could the fuse still blow in the control panel?
Thanks in advance.

damaged cable?
loose connection?
external siren fault?

there so many things that can cause a tamper fault

if you have a multimeter, proceed to check all tamper loops from all devices (don't use it on the outside siren)

put your meter on OHMs or coninuity (if it has it)
take out the tamper connections on the panel.
place one lead of the meter on one of the tamper wires, and the other lead on the other one, its should read low resitance (you will get a fluctuating reading as you are also part of the circuit)

if it does give a steady low OHMs reading. that loop is ok

if not
well remove, ONE by ONE, not all at once!
the tamper cables from you devices, and check the OHMs reading
that should then give you the one that is faulty.

when you find it, change that cable, re wire it back to the panel, note how its connected BEFORE you remove it.

that should fix it.

also BEWARE OF LIVE MAINS IN THE PANEL, ISOLATE BEFORE OPENING PANEL!!!

Oasis

You might want to note that at least two replies were from NSI Gold members, not DIY'ers. Hardly overcharging now is it.

And are we to assume you work for free??

Too right.
How many times do ingrates come here looking for free advice and in the same paragraph then say we are rip off merchants.

Go fix your car brakes, see what happens then.
Alarms can and do save lives too.
We dont just do intruder, but fire accesd and CCTV.
All which can protect and prevent incidents.

Then a numpty with a issue because they played with something they dont understand want freebies and to be insulting.

PAH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back