sticking "bars" back on windows...with what ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, we have double glazed (upvc) windows etc, the windows have on them a single upvc " bar" that goes across the centre of the windows giving it a look of 2 seperate windows...now my problem is these "bars" have started to fall off occasionally..i have tried every kind of adhesive & dbl sided tapes i can think of to stick them back on but they come off again after a short while..having looked at the bars they seem to have some kind of adhesive white tape on them which makes them adhere exceptionally well to the glass, so my question really is does anyone have any idea what the tape is called ? where i can get some ? or any other advice to stick the bars back on so as they stay pretty permanent, many many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
hi crank, many many thanks for the link...it looks to be exactly what i am looking for....i remember i have had to in the past scrape off sticky foam to get a better grip with what i was using...so all in all many many thanks once again...cheers !!

Sponsored Links
Worcester there is a place in Sutton Coldfield that does the tape about a quarter of the cost of Cranks link, worth paying the £2 postage mate, let me know and ill dig out the number.

I've had to do similair in the past and have used (under advice from others) clear silicon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back