sticking mdf skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
was wondering if anyone had used dry wall adhesive to secure MDF skirting
i've removed the old 100mm beveled skirting to replace it with 150mm taurus mdf .the wall has been skimmed over at some point so its now got a lip above where the old skirting was and the old plaster finishes 75mm of the floor
so i was wondering what about a good daub of plasterboard adhesive every 900mm then nail through the root ,this should stop the paint cracking along the top every time the mad one decides to throw the hoover about

Sponsored Links
I got told off in the forum for suggesting that skirting could be stuck with this: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/10261...sives/Grab-Adhesives/Solvented/Gripfill-350ml

Apparently, it sticks so well that if you need to remove it in the future, you'll pull the plaster off with it. If you can live with that, you won't need any screws. If you use nails, you certainly will pull the plaster off, whether you've used glue or not :) .

I see what you`re saying ;) you want to fill the void @ the floor level :idea: ..I`ve got exactly the same job to do............the drywall ad. will fill the void, but won`t stick..I thought about pads of plasterboard and a dab of filler :idea: ..let dry and then gripfill. That`s what I`m going to do..because I do the hoovering :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back