Stiff 3 port valve.

But that wasn't the context here, and there is an implied word which has been missed "......help me (to) never forget....".

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Bad grammar. It should be "......you and I never forget."
Quite right - the result of a hasty edit on my part. Although, to be pedantic, the grammar wasn't bad, simply incorrect :evil:

I always thought that WD40 was meant to only contain silicone lubricants ???

As far as deciding if the valve was half open or half closed, I could not do that if I was shown the part after the event. I would need to know the operational history.

It would be "half open" if it failed as it was opening. Conversely it would be "half closed" if it failed as it was closing!

Tony

just change the valve body and refill system including inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I always thought that WD40 was meant to only contain silicone lubricants ???..........

Not according to this, which says
...........we can tell you what WD-40 does NOT contain. WD-40 does not contain silicone, kerosene, water, wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or any known cancer-causing agents.

I always thought that WD40 was meant to only contain silicone lubricants ???
Not having a godd day, then? :LOL: They do make a silicone lubricant spray.

edit ----aw gee shucks oily you beat me to it...........................

------------

The use of ME above is incorrect but not because of the words which followed it - which is what you suggested. It would be incorrect cos it's an object pronoun not a subject pronoun.

softy said:
to be pedantic, the grammar wasn't bad, simply incorrect
Without being pedantic, all incorrect grammar is bad !. I am unanimous in that, so there.

ChrisR said:
edit ----aw gee shucks oily you beat me to it...........................

Never mind, it was merely by 3/4 hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back