Replacement powerhead mid postion valve honeywell V4073A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a (new) replacement powerhead(40003916-003) fitted to my Honeywell V4073A mid-position valve.
I notice that after the central heating turns off, the powerhead remains very hot. The package info mentions that the powerhead will remain warm, but mine remains HOT indefinitely with a faint electrical vibration. Should this powerhead remain hot despite the pipes around it having cooled? The powerhead only cools off after the hot water has been on.
I also have a second problem with the powerhead. Last night was very cold and the Frost Stat (Sunvic TLM 2257 Frost Thermostat) in the attic kicked in. Instead of the central heating switching on, the hot water was triggered. The powerhead's "last port of call" had been the hot water position, but shouldn't the powerhead have automatically switched to the central heating position when triggered by the Frost Stat?
Is my new replacement powerehead faulty?
Any advice will be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
no it fires to last port. plus you wouldnt really want heat in the middle of the night.

all sounds normal.

Frost stat is needed if we are away. Don't want the pipes in the attic/house to freeze. Shall have to make sure the hotwater is not the last port of call before we go away. I wonder if the general public are aware of this?
Is it normal for the powerhead to remain very hot to the touch after the heating port of call and to remain so indefinitely unless the hot water is the last port of call?
Thanks so much

the frost stat is just a precaution. when you are away id still advise the heating is left on. i generally reccomend heating is left on 24 hours setting with the room stat on 10 degrees. the froststat is no guaruntee to not allow the house to freeze. it just stops the boiler freezeing due to its location.

boilers in the garage or an outhouse i suppose?

Sponsored Links
No, the 2 gas boilers are in the house, in the utility room. I usually leave the heat on for two hours early morning and two late evening while we are away. The house is a large old stone one and it would cost a fortune to leave the heat on all the time. There is no central thermostat, the boilers seem to be triggered by the radiators settings in each room. The frost stat is in the attic, which also contains a large water tank. Even when the heat is on most of the day, if it gets below freezing at night the frost stat set at 5C in the attic kicks in as the attic cools off quickly (it has a stone roof and the insulation is on the floor)!
Bit of a dilema what to do!
Thanks for your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back