Stiff Meynell V6 Shower Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The thermostatic tap on my shower has become difficult to turn so that its only with some effort that I can stop the flow of water..

Before trying to take it apart any help on what I am getting into would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone think I need a new washer? If it was broken I guess it could be obstructing the mechanism?

The model is a Meynell V6. There is a small hole in the side of the unit which I guess is indented for a tool to take it apart, perhaps I need an Allen key.

Click here for a photo of the tap

Many Thanks

Arthur

Sponsored Links
You will need a new shower cartridge, contact shower doctor for a price. The cartridges are quite expensive.

When fitting make sure you turn the supplies off to the shower or turn off your mains and drain down.

Andy

Small allen key will help remove the front cover. You'll need some big grips to remove the mechanism from the main body - care needs to be taken since sometimes these little tinkers use a reverse thread. So if it doesn't budge anticlockwise, try clockwise (just in case you couldn't work out what to try next :LOL: :LOL:) .

Sponsored Links
Worth a shout - the housing might be obsolere but they might have used the cartridge for other units.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back