Still looking - Audi ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This looks pretty good :-

Hang on ! Is that a mistake ? A3 1.6 diesel quattro...
Audi web site doesn't appear to show it.

Must be a mistake then... But maybe not :-

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3/91539/new-audi-a3-ultra-promises-83mpg-and-89gkm

Second para from end of article dated 21 May, 2015 :-
...Audi has also announced its quattro all-wheel drive system will be made available on more models in the A3 range. The standard 1.6-litre TDI diesel variants are now offered with all-wheel drive for the first time, priced from £22,915...

Looks good... Must be Euro_6 I am guessing ??

-0-

Sponsored Links
Interesting post!
I wonder if there's just one car available - in red? It's certainly competitive.
I think that 110 BHP is a little on the low side for Quattro - perhaps 140 or 170 would give it more poke.
On these, it's the front wheels that do the driving.....all 4 just come in as required - the width of the tyres doesn't mean snow friendly!
Are you tempted?
John :)

The 'orangewheels' offer is based upon my selection of extras.
Effectively they, Orangewheels allow 'building your car'.

I am tempted, the red colour a) Incurs no extra cost. b) Looks good with the light coloured leather interior. (I see an A3 about 2 yrs old, locally, in these colours - Looks good.) There is some badge

The 110 BHP is not too much of an issue, I enter my eighth decade next year - Just fancy some 4 wd experience during the borrowed time. Anyway I probably engage more in high speed driving in the mind than actually on the road... I bet I am not alone.

I was a bit amazed at the Audi OTR quote.

Looks like Audi A3, Series 1 BMW etc trying to form the latest battleground among manufacturers.

Although !! The quote for 2015 NISSAN 1.6 dCi Tekna [Non-Panoramic] 5dr crossover leaves all the others dead in the water, given the 'extras' included. £23,378 OTR

Cruise control / Speed limiter
PAS

Lane departure warning system
Intelligent parking assist
Front and rear parking sensors
Blind spot monitoring
Around View Monitor
Traffic sign recognition
Moving object detection
Electric folding and heated door mirrors
Interior mirror with auto anti dazzle

Leather, heated seats
Electric front seats for height/ manual lumbar adj

ABS, brake assist and EBD
ESP + traction control
Electronic parking brake
Hill start assist
Forward emergency braking

Dual zone climate control

That lot included in the Jap box would mean serious extra dosh for the blitz wagens !

-0-

Would that be the Qashqai crossover?
A very accomplished vehicle, without a doubt.......I'm not so smitten with things like blind spot and lane departure sensors personally - there are so many beeps coming from the Tekna range it gets a bit tiresome!

Sponsored Links
Nissan or an Audi, let me think .........................

I'll have the Audi, even if I have to wind up the windows by hand, but that's just me.

Good luck with whatever you decide

PS
Did you consider the Audi A1?

I agree, somewhat, I was driving a Mazda skyactive engined petrol jobby in the USA last yr, it had the bells whistles and beeps - but was a very nice drive - the blind spot warning worked very well - a muted beep or so combined with a flashing light (LED ?) in the appropriate mirror.
Trouble is there are good gizmos but they can be paired with notso good stuff - they ain't going away !
If the 'new Nissan Connect' is anything like my 2010 version, then I would be more than happy with it - excellent sat' nav', usb stick music selection / playing, blue tooth phone - the same !
Adding rev' cam' and the four corner view - A revelation, a real 'today' function - with no ridiculous £500 plus cost !

I spent 20 mins or so in a 1.2 petrol Cashcow - the cabin and electro's felt real good...

Ollox ! Back to square one !!
Mursal, the kudos of the Audi (Durs Von hows your father) and 'Quattro' badge is hard, if not impossible to ignore !!

:D :D

-0-

Would that be the Qashqai crossover?
A very accomplished vehicle, without a doubt.......I'm not so smitten with things like blind spot and lane departure sensors personally - there are so many beeps coming from the Tekna range it gets a bit tiresome!
Yes, I quite like the tech' stuff - BUT does it, or anything else really beat a 'QUATTRO' badge ? Nah, it mst be Audi "Vorsprung durch Technik" - bombs away ??

-0-

Wondered about this type of parking brake since our Renault Scenic days !

Audi electro-mechanical handbrake...
"... In the event of an emergency braking manoeuvre with the parking brake, the vehicle can be braked considerably more effectively than with a conventional handbrake because the system communicates with the anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD) via the electronic stabilisation programme (ESP)..."

I wonder if all button operated, non lever pull handbrakes, work in this way ?
In the Scenic I never got to test for safe emergency stopping ability - if any - of the button operated parking brake...

-0-

Im a big Audi/Vw fan and bought a 2010 A3 Tdi last year which im very happy with. Lovely cars but they seem to be the new chavmobile of choice or clitoris cars as i call them! :LOL:
I suppose the same could be said of the Nissan though.

Sponsored Links
Back