'STMP' ??????????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant send emails and i have a message saying its due to the outgoing STMP being incorrect. What is this? i've tried a number of words, and now its getting to expletives so I thought I should ask for help!!

Sponsored Links
SMTP (Simple message transfer protocol) your email to you or me. What OS / Software are you using?

i will try that now! Its through netscape, Ive not had probs before...until i had a dreaded virus!!...........
Didnt work when I changed outgoing smtp.... the message says: 'message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server failed' Any suggestions? Where can i change this.........am I missing something!!!???!!!

What email client are you using though, Netscape is a browser, I suppose you could use web mail. Do you use windows ? 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 95, 3.1 (ok long shot)

Sponsored Links
its windows Me. Im afraid im not sure what you mean! Its all through netscape.....ie, not outlook express or anything...if thats what you mean :confused: !! i feel really thick!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT ANSWER!!!!!!!!

I think I answered that above when I was editing my bit!! (Maybe i was on the right lines, so not as thick as i feel!!!)

That's fine, I think our post's crossed. Now the bad bit, I'm not very familiar with Netscape or indeed Windows Me. I'll have a quick scout about, chances are someone else will beat me to it, but don't be afraid to ask questions, how else are we supposed to learn?

How are you submitting your posts at the moment ?

The email doesnt work on my updated netscape, but it does on the older version. However on the older version I cant get into the preferences to see what is different!!! I also use oulook express at a push, but the new netscape one is much better ....and I dont like being beaten!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, what's the version of your old netscape browser (help menu, about) and the new version (possibly 7.2)

Also looks like I've managed to screw up your internet access!!

Who says that computers are more intelligent than humans? I mean could they screw anything up as badly as we do??!!
i've now worked out that if i enter the email through the netscape page it works and i can send emails but if i go on to the 'mails and newsgroups' icon on the desktop it wont send!! Thats where it states about the smtp. I hope your computer problem is sorted soon, I could try and help you out but it might take me a while!!!!

lisap said:
Who says that computers are more intelligent than humans? I mean could they screw anything up as badly as we do??!! .....

No, they tend to do what the experts .. ahem !! instruct.. Sometimes !!

They both sure as hell help us to screw up more quickly !! ;)

I have trouble with STMP using entorage, looked it up and it was suggested that I deleted my account and re configured it. So I did still did not work. Apparently soem thing you have to watch out for is if you copy and paste your stmp mailto thing, it often leaves a gap.

I did this but still dont work. Give it a go though might work for you.

Andy

Web url removed, these can be shown in your profile

Sponsored Links
Back