Stolen trailer in Burnley- help please

TRAILER FOR SALE:

It's 5ft by 3ft black frame, varnished plywood sides with aluminium trim around the top.
It's running on 12" Minilight alloys, 165/60 Yokahamas with a spare mounted on the front.

Surely not even an Essex boy would be that dumb... :)

As for Freecycle, I've tried the Burnley and Pendle Group but the post has not been approved for some reason. Maybe the B&P Freecycle moderator thinks this is a joke.... Perhaps he underestimates the generosity of some people, he certainly has little regard for the scruples of his townsfolk ("In Burnley, it certainly wont be seen again for a long while"). Any thoughts Mattylad, Freecycle mod for the B&P group?

Mike

Sponsored Links
i could of swore i saw it on granada reports tonight just behind the bus carrying the burnley team,i think it was carrying the clubs silver ware,looked pretty empty to me?

seriously good look in getting all kit back its not nice i know from experience
bob

Mike, if your post got rejected, did you actually read what was said in the rejection?

Freecycle groups are not places to ask if anyone has seen stolen property, but to save good stuff from landfill.
Your trailer is not going to landfill.

You can ask if someone has a trailer they no longer want though.

Thats how Freecycle groups work, you offer stuff on them to others, or you ask for stuff.
:D

Mike, if your post got rejected, did you actually read what was said in the rejection?
Funnily enough I didn't. Something to do with being 200 miles from home, which is why I asked to be contacted by phone not email. I also asked for your assistance via your tw*tface email address to which I had no reply, other than a sarcastic post on this forum.
To me you seemed like somebody with an attitude to match their email address. Apologies if I did you a disservice, but my sense of humour was running a bit low.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Mike, if you read al the other posts here you will see that your getting a lot of sarcasm.

Because the reality is, WE CANNOT HELP YOU FIND YOUR TRAILER!
This is an internet forum where it's members are spread all over the country, the world even.

If you want to post on a forum where your going to get a better chance of someone having seen it then try Burnleyweb.

Have you gone round the streets near you to see if it's in someone's back yard or on empty land?
You have not said so.

Given the pi$$heads walking round Burnley these days, that would be one of the first things I would do. Looking to see if some drunk has pushed it round the corner etc.

Which is why I advised that.

As for your emailing me, if as you say you could not get a reply then how the heck do you expect me to be able to do anything?

As for the B&P Freecycle group, I do moderate on several groups but I didn't say that I moderated that one did I?

If you want to post a wanted to the B&P Freecycle group then do so, but don't expect the moderators to let your post break the group rules you agreed to when joining just because you live 200 miles away & are inconvenienced.
(In fact, you should not be in the group in the first place!).

I have looked into it with the B&P group owner and you first were asking if anyone had seen it & to let you know, Freecycle is not there for this purpose.
Then you were asking to borrow one, Freecycle does not allow posts asking to borrow stuff (for many reasons).

This will all have been explained in the rejection email.

You will have been asked to repost without those 2 issues in, it is not the local Freecycle groups moderators fault if you are either unable to access your emails or you did not read the one that was sent to you.

Now stop ranting, get off your arse & go for a long walk (although prob too late now) and if you think it will help, resubmit a post to your local Freecycle group.

Else bit the bullet & buy a new one.

What equipment are you trying to get back home?
IF your prepared to drive all the way back to return a trailer then why not drive home, rent one then drive all the way home again with your gear, where you can then return the rented trailer.

Here, go to This HSS rentals, and see if you can rent This Trailer & return it to This Devon HSS store.

Now what else do you want from an internet forum?

Perhaps we can organise a search party for you?
or come round & form a human chain to pass your gear from Burnley to Devon?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Or even look on Ebay, there are several close to you that will enable you to take your gear home without you having to make return trips.

This for example.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Mike, if you read al the other posts here you will see that your getting a lot of sarcasm.

blah blah blah.

It's a good job I offered an apology, otherwise you may have wasted your time going off on a long rant .... :)

I never have a problem with sarcasm, I would be hypocritical if I did. Although there were several sarcastic comments, none seemed to be antagonistic or obstructive except yours, whatever your intent. As with all advice fora, people who can't help aren't a problem. However, people who won't help are, and from my position, you fell into this category. Again, I apologise if I read your messages wrongly, but maybe you should look at them from a different angle.
I did look around the local area but as you know, Burnley is a maze of back-to-backs and alleyways so there is only so much you can do, also p155heads don't usually carry bolt croppers so it's unlikely to be opportunists on their way back from the pub/park/crackden. I looked into rental but in the end I got one off Ebay and am now home.
TBH I didn't really expect anyone to have seen my trailer, but there was a chance and I thank you for keeping the thread going. Maybe there is still a chance it will be found. (remember - 5x3, Plywood sides, Mini alloys, fat tyres and a spare. Reward waiting for safe recovery)
Can we drop the bickering now and move on?

Mike

PS Bristol is not in Devon :)

FFS!

How many posts have I made in this thread offering you help & suggestions & still your bitching!

There is no pleasing some.

Sponsored Links
Back