Stone Bath...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't seem like the right subsection for this, but then again, it doesn't fit in any of them - and it was a plumbing job to install, so....

I bought and installed a stone resin bath in my attic room a couple of years ago.

A massive crack has appeared in the inside -- it appears to be a surface crack.
No idea how it happened, really. Nothing was dropped on it.

What do you reckon would be the best way to repair it?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can anyone help me the following:

I made a mistake of buying a white stone bath from a new company called AQUAROC BATHROOMS. Whilst the owner of the business has been answering my emails, he will not solve the issue with my product.

Basically, i purchased the matt finish bath. I expected the bath to be a solid matt stone bath but it arrived damaged and the matt finish has rubbed off. I can see a rough grey acrylic under the matt. Its as if the bath has been sprayed matt white. The white is not bright and is more of a cream. I have called Visa to help me get my money back and i am awaiting the outcome.

Does anyone know a stone mason that can repair this bath for me?

Many thanks

Sandra

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Erm, surely it's under guarantee?? If it arrived not right and it's flawed then it goes back, simples. If they don't take it back and deny any wrong doing then at the need of the process it'll need to be a small claims court action I would think.

Surely there are other avenues to explore first though. Can you post a few pics of the bath surface, show as much detail of the flaws as possible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is but the owner who answer the phone (he has no staff) is just making life difficult for me.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it's that bad, then it needs to be returned and they need to arrange for that, it really isn't difficult but some manufacturers, especially small ones, can be reluctant as it costs them quite significantly.

If he's giving you the run around and you have given him every opperchancity to sort it out then you now need to be very specific and start discussing things like Consumer Rights Act 2015, Trading Standards, bad publicity through Facebook, Reviews.co.uk, etc and see if that creates any movement.

Sponsored Links