Stone resin shower tray on 4x2 timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey if raising a stone resin shower tray on 4x2 timber 18mm plybase and a bed of mortar. Roughly what height would the centre of the 1.5inch waste pipe exit the shower trap?

Sponsored Links
Hard to say. It depends on the thickness of mortar and which shower trap you use.

Would be trying to get a trap so the outlet would be as high up as possible. About 10mm mortar bed I would hope. Just wondering if I will have enough fall from the raised shower tray to the drain which goes in to an outside gulley at floor level. About 2 meters away.

It always exits quite high. You normally have to cut a hole in the ply just to get the trap up close to the tray. Two metres should be fine. 4" = approx. 100 mm so you have up to 50mm per metre which is plenty.

Sponsored Links
Thanks can I ask what the minimum fall is required for an 1.5 inch waste pipe from a shower?

Sure I've heard the minimum fall for 4inch soil is 22mm in a meter, any ideas on the minimum fall for 1.5 inch waste?

The minimum falls are a bit misleading . In real world situations things can be altered and work fine - if you got a shallow seal trap and put a cleaning eye on your pipe where it exits the wall you could have a small fall, clear water will get away fine it's when the soap deposits build up that you need the cleaning eye and a snake ;) And do put the waste pipe below the gulley grid or you'll end up with a rancid grid :mad: I think the official fall is 2.5 degrees

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back