Stone Resin Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm half way through putting a new shower room downstairs, the room is bare at the moment as the walls have just been plastered, next is to ply over the floorboards.

My question is, we have a 800 x 1200 shower tray to be fitted, do I bed this on cement on the floorboards, on the ply or directly on the tiles once they have been layed?

Any tips on fitting a tray like this on floorboards, it is quite heavy!!

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Some trays allow for a silicone bed but if yours say a cement bed then a mix of 5 to 1 and 5mm deep on top of a level,flat base.You can bed it on the ply or tiles.Them heavy trays are not the easiest to put in place but if you put it in position then lift the front up you can then screed underneath and drop the tray.That's how i have always done them.

Thanks - yep I've remembered the waste, luckily I think it just, just misses the joists or I would have had to build it up!!

Sponsored Links
The floor will need to be leveled first with a suitable leveling compound after the waste and plumbing has been installed.

Then you can bed it on the cement and connect the waste

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back