Stone stoop on pavement, who's responsibility?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a longish one...

Moved into a terraced month ago, directly outside the front door is a large Yorkshire stone stoop, with a 6 inch circular grate in it to allow 'flood' water to go into our cellar...

The stone is cracked in half, badly repaired by previous owner...and noticed yesterday grate is now loose, and the smaller part of stone has dropped by half inch... CT1 wont hold it in, just tried, due to the drop... can't get below grate as been bricked up.

I'm gonna get sone ply tomorrow morn and drill and fix this in place over the top of grate as a temp measure to hold the grate in place...

Are we responsible fully for this stone stoop, or because it forms part of the pavement will the council help repair it?!

Don't want to source stone n pay some one to repair it this weekend it if they will cover costs....

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
In Preston.... Northwest...

Can't call until Monday... Ob will do then... but if someone knew if deff be ours 100 percent I'd end up trying to get it done tomorrow... Don't have any free weekends til Xmas you see...

And if I did sort it tomorrow, the council may then cause problems if it turns out itisntnour responsibility... Lol... The joys eh..l

Can't post pic, no camera on phone, iPad one doesn't have camera... But it's typical terrace, front door and step straight onto foot path...

Sponsored Links

Can't call until Monday... Ob will do then... but if someone knew if deff be ours 100 percent I'd end up trying to get it done tomorrow... Don't have any free weekends til Xmas you see...

And if I did sort it tomorrow, the council may then cause problems if it turns out itisntnour responsibility... Lol... The joys eh..l

Can't post pic, no camera on phone, iPad one doesn't have camera... But it's typical terrace, front door and step straight onto foot path...

are you a martian?

if it's on the public footpath, i'd guess it was LCC's responsibility to fix it....

Highways
Customer Service Centre
LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
PRESTON
PR1 8RD

0845 053 0011

Email:

[email protected]

if it belongs to you..im sure it would have come up on the survey etc if you have just moved in.

are you a martian?

Haha... Possibly...

I think he doesn't know who Ima is, and as for the dodgy broken stone well obviously its not fit for purpose so take it back to Yorkshire and demand a new one :LOL: :LOL:

I think he doesn't know who Ima is, and as for the dodgy broken stone well obviously its not fit for purpose so take it back to Yorkshire and demand a new one :LOL: :LOL:

No idea who ima is!! I'm only a young pup lol...

Think it's past the 1 years warranty now for returns ;)

Sponsored Links
Back