Stonemarket Haus problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate some advice - we liked the look of the Haus paving for a really smooth clean look. Unfortunately when the slabs arrived virtually every one has several small dimples or grooves in the surface where the plastic spacers were touching the slabs in transit, The rep has had a look and tells us this is normal and they will wear down. I'm not convinced and I am concerned that when the paving is laid they will all line up and look ridiculous. For a product which is sold for its smooth finish I think this is a manufacturing or distribution problem.

1. What does anyone else think about the quality?
2. Will it look OK when laid?
3. What would anyone else recommend for a smooth finish if we need to order something different?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the supplier stated the imperfections will wear down, that says little for the durability of the product.
I think you would be within your rights to reject the product.

Wotan

They are bullsitting you. Its concrete. Yes, it will wear (which is why I tend not to recommend them any more), and when they do, they wear to concrete colour, not the nice top colour (which is basically stuck on the outside!). Go back and demand an exchange or a refund. Let us know how you get on.

Sponsored Links
Stonemarket have got to be kidding! Thankfully the BM see the problem and are happy to take the slabs back. Stonemarket though are adamant that the slabs are as they should be. I didn't mention last time the number of chipped slabs but every slab has at least 4 dimples where the plastic spacers rested (really obvious on the smooth finish) and many have grooves where the spacers moved. There is also an issue in that some absorb moisture whereas others leave it resting on the surface - obvious colour difference in the rain. If this is how the product should be then don't advertise it as a smooth finish! Interestingly the YouTube video put up by Stonemarket shows the slabs separated by wadding rather than plastic spacers - I wonder why?

Thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back