New patio not happy :( advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so i recently have had a lot of garden work done including new fencing, block paved driveway and new patio. Im pleased with the driveway and fence but disappointed by the patio. The day it was laid we had the worst rain weve had in years and the whole thing was under water. By the next day it looked worse for wear. The man who did it said hed sort it the next day but i think it looks awful. It just looks rushed and i was expecting it to have a kind of smooth finish but it just doesnt as you can see from the pics. He also seems to have splattered half of the stuff up the fence posts! I just want other peoples opinion before i say anything! I hate complaining i just feel let down that what started as gorgeous paving slabs now just look a mess!

Sponsored Links
Poor.

They have used sharp or grit sand for the pointing, hence the visible "lumps". Better to use a building sand, or possibly a plastering sand if the gaps are wider than 10mm.

Hard to tell from the picture what state the patios in, but the pointing needs redoing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back