Stopping dust/ crumbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wife has finally moved her pottery items out the back bedroom and hired a small studio to work in. The building used to be a factory and has been subdivided with stud walls (and some dodgy electrics) into a series of artists studios.

In her room the floor is covered with some red tiles but around one corner is an L of exposed concrete or cement or something (light buff colour with small pebbles in it) and the area within it is tiled again but a cm or so higher. I am guessing there used to be a wall there at some point for an office or such and its been knocked down.

The problem is that this section is very dusty and easily turns to dust if you scuff yours shoes over it or run casters of a chair over it - though it doesnt obviously crumble in large chunks or such.

How can I "seal" it so that it stops producing dust? I'm not 100% sure what the substance is or if it matters plus its at a slight angle which could make things more difficult. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back